Designed With Flexibles In Mind
The LGX Shortcut Mosquito is a special hotend to be used with the LGX eXtruder.
Its main feature is a 23mm shorter filament path than the standard Mosquito.
With the LGX it forms a print head that will excel at printing ALL most common materials and especially the soft and flexible.
Each LGX Shortcut Copperhead™ Hotend is supplied with:
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Air Cooled Cold Block
- 1x LGX Air-cooled Cold Block Mounting Hardware
- 1x Mosquito hotend (Conduct version, without heatsink)
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Silver Based Thermal Paste Sachet 0.5g
Designed To Be Flexible
The LGX Shortcut Mosquite Hotend includes a reversible heat sink that can be installed on the left or right hand side of the cold block. The heat sink also includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Cooling down the heat break
Our tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, even with such small contact surface to the heat sink.
In case you have an application where additional cooling is required, try using a 4020 fan or 2 LGX heat sinks, one on each side.
- Robust hotend
- One hand nozzle swap
- Gives better access to softer materials.
- Enables to print flexible and soft materials faster.
- Keeps the print-head small and light.
- Allows mounting in many different ways.
The LGX Shortcut Mosquito Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles.
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
Click each link to open the related product page.
- From E3D
LGX Shortcut Mosquito Hotend
- Cold Block Material : Anodized Aluminum;
- Heat Sink Material : Anodized Aluminum;
- Mosquito Hot Block materials : steel tube; copper body; nickel plating.
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature : 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws is 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw is 0.6 Nm
- LGX Shortcut Mosquito hotend net weight : 61 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight : 105 g
Deliveries within Australia
For shipping price please use above estimate shipping for pricing. As shipping cost depends on your location and order size.
Our domestic shipping rates start at:
- $6+ eParcel Standard Post (typically 4+ business days, tracked)
- $8+ eParcel Express Post (typically 1 to 3 business days, tracked)
- $10+ Sendle (typically 5+ business days, tracked) - Filament Orders Only (If you have other item, Australia Post is only option)
All Parcel/Express Post over include signature on delivery, so please ensure you're at home on day of delivery or collect at your local post office.
Item/order under $100 is available for ATL service, use Auspost safe drop option when you received tracking notification from Auspost. We hold no responsibility for missing parcel if you select to use this feature. [Full Shipping Policy]
Please use below as shipping time frame expectations. All order will be shipped by next business day.
AusPost eParcel Express + Signature
AusPost eParcel Standard+ Signature
Deliveries to NZ
All delivery to New Zealand is calculated based on selected service.
Please refer to AUSPOST Website for latest news and postage delivery time estimate to your area. https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-times
- Economy Air: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- International: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- Standard (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 7-14 Business Days to Metro Area
- Express (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 5-10 Business Days to Metro Area
Please note that shipping rates/total order are not inclusive of any local taxes, duties or import fees when the shipment passes through customs in the country of delivery. You may require to pay additional tax or custom duty, we cannot adjust order value.
Review & Questions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.