PolyWood™ is a wood mimic filament without actual wood powder, which removes all risks of nozzle clogs. PolyWood™ is made entirely with PLA using a special foaming technology. It exhibits the same density and appearance as wood.
PolyWood™ features Polymaker's Jam-Free™ technology and Polymaker's Stabilized Foaming™ technology:
Jam-Free™ - Jam-Free™ technology improves the heat stability of Polymaker’s PLA filaments with softening temperatures over 140 °C. As a result, Polymaker’s PLA filaments show minimal softening in the “cold end” and can melt rapidly once entering the heating zone, leading to excellent printing quality with zero risk of nozzle jams.
Stabilized Foaming™ - Stabilized Foaming™ technology is used to produce foamed filaments, whose foam structure can survive the printing process and be inherited by the printed parts. This enables light weight 3D printed parts with unprecedented surface finish.
Light Weight - PolyWood™ is a first of it's kind light weight foam PLA designed to mimic the weight of real wood! PolyWood™ is 35- 40% lighter than regular PLA, only weighing 0.8 g/cm³!
Attractive Surface Finish - The Stabilized Foaming™ technology in PolyWood™ delivers an incredible matte surface finish which makes it a unique material choice for aesthetic applications such as architectural models, figurines, gaming dioramas, decoration or lifestyle parts.
Wood with no mess - Instead of using wood to mimic wood, Polymaker developed a unique foaming technology to deliver a material that mimics wood structurally. PolyWood™ is composed entirely of polymers. The Results? Excellent print quality without the risk of nozzle jams associated with other wood filaments..
Uncompromised Quality - With Polymaker's leading quality control process and rigorous in-house testing, you can rest assured that PolyLite™ PLA will produce beautiful, reliable and accurate printed parts.
PolyWood™ offers some unique differences to other commercially available solutions, specifically designed to solve many problems faced when printing other wood-like filaments..
- Features no real wood particles, delivering a wood mimic material with less clogging and hassles.
- Features Polymakers Stabilized Foaming™ technology which delivers an incredible surface finish and filament which is 35- 40% lighter than regular PLA.
- Features Polymakers Jam-Free™ technology to prevent heat creep related jamming.
- Minimal printing requirements.
- Exhibits excellent dimensional stability for large 3D printing projects.
Unlike commercially available wood-powder based filaments, Polymaker took a unique approach with PolyWood™ to deliver a more user friendly wood mimic filament composed entirely of polymers. Wood powder in other wood-like filaments (often present in large amounts) tends mess up the flow properties of the polymer melt, resulting in poor printing quality. Furthermore poorly dispersed wood powder can even jam the extruder on your printer, which will never happen for PolyWood™.
PolyWood™ is 35- 40% lighter than regular PLA, only weighing 0.8 g/cm³!
Whether it be to print wood-mimic architecture models, beautiful household lifestyle projects or even insulation applications which utilize the intrinsic foamy structure, PolyWood™ is a popular choice for hobbyists, professionals and educators thanks to it's unique aesthetic properties, light weight performance and excellent print reliability.
Suggested Print Settings: https://support.dremc.com.au/en/support/solutions/articles/51000302924-polymaker-polywood
|0.8 g/cm3 at 21.5˚C
|Stabilized Foaming™ and Jam-Free™ Technology
The typical values presented in Polymakers data sheet are intended for reference and comparison purposes only. Due to the nature of 3D printing they should not be used for design specifications or quality control purposes.
PolyWood™ has been engineered with compatibility in mind to print excellently on a wide range of 3D printers.
Of course with thousands of unique 3d printer models on the market, we can't guarantee each filament type will work with every 3D printer.
Deliveries within Australia
For shipping price please use above estimate shipping for pricing. As shipping cost depends on your location, order size and desire courier service and provider. Order are dispatched within same or next business day for in-stock products. Courier Please rates are only calculated at checkout.
Aramex, Courier Please, AusPost Tracked Letter is excluded from same day dispatch, dispatch within 1-2 business day.
Our domestic shipping rates start at:
- from $8+ AusPost Standard Post (typically 2-10+ business days*, tracked)
- from $9+ AusPost Express Post (typically 1 to 5 business days*, tracked)
- from $8.5+ Aramex, Courier Please) (typically same-2 business day within SE QLD, 2-15 business days interstate, tracked) (We don't recommended this service for WA)
- from $30+ DHL Express (1-5 Business Day Metro Only) - Usually next day to metro business address on the east coast.
- from $35+ Uber Courier (same day delivery during business hours), fixed price table depending on distance from our warehouse. Max 20 KG,
Please use below as shipping time frame expectations. All order will be shipped by next business day.
AusPost Express Parcel
AusPost Standard Parcel
|Courier Please / Aramex
|6 - 20
Deliveries to NZ / World
All delivery to New Zealand / World is calculated based on selected service.
Please refer to AUSPOST Website for latest news and postage delivery time estimate to your area. https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-times
- Standard (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 7-14 Business Days to Metro Area
- Express (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 5-10 Business Days to Metro Area
- DHL: 1-6 Business Days (Contact us for quote) For select region DHL pricing is available at checkout for general spares.
Please note that shipping rates/total order are not inclusive of any local taxes, duties or import fees when the shipment passes through customs in the country of delivery. You may require to pay additional tax or custom duty, we cannot adjust order value.