This is our minimal requirement for beginners/newbie that wish to go into 3D Printing. Our suggestion is look a printer that meets at least 4/5 features
- Bed/Mesh Leveling
- Preferable Direct Drive (easier to dial in)
- Removable Flex build plate (Aim for texture/smooth PEI Surface)
- Official support from Manufacturer (Prusa, Makerbot, Lulzbot, Modix, Formlabs)*
- Availability of spare parts
Cost: Preferable either a printer within your price range that you're willing eating loss if eventually you loose interest of the hobby or a printer with good re-sell value on second hand market.
* Community/3rd party support can be a gamble, as community you could always have wait for a friendly community member to reply to your inquiry and this may take a couple minutes to days, while a good support from manufacturer we usually see good documentations and quick reply time to inquiry and questions.
If you need further recommendation, feel free send us a message with your needs and requirements.