PolyFlex™ is a family of high-quality flexible materials. It provides the perfect solution for applications where high flexibility and durability are required. PolyFlex™ TPU95 is a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) based filament specifically engineered to work on most desktop 3D printers. It has a shore hardness of 95A and can stretch more than 3 times its original length.
- Flexible & Durable - PolyFlex™ TPU95 features a “Shore A” hardness of 95A, producing flexible parts with excellent durability. Thanks to 3D printing, a model can also be made more or less flexible depending on its design and infill.
- Fun & Functional - The flexible properties of PolyFlex™ TPU95 open up a new dimension of what one can do with desktop 3D printers. Wearable’s, hobby parts, prosthetics, custom gaskets, jigs & fixtures; with PolyFlex™ TPU95 the possibilities are endless.
- Wear & Tear Resistance - Featuring an elongation at break result of 330% combined with excellent wear, tear and impact resistance, PolyFlex™ TPU95 is commonly used for a variety of demanding applications.
- Formulated For 3D Printing - Flexible filaments are known to be more difficult to work with when compared to rigid filaments. PolyFlex™ TPU95 balances flexibility and usability to provide a unique 3D printing filament that is compatible with a wider range of desktop FDM/FFF 3D printers.
- Uncompromised Quality - Polymakers leading quality control process and rigorous inhouse testing ensure reliable printing and consistency across spools and batches.
PU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) is a flexible 3D printing material. One way to indicate the flexibility and softness of the filament is by looking at the Shore hardness. PolyFlex™ TPU95 displays a shore hardness of 95A, a hardness carefully chosen which allows it to not stretch excessively when pulled by the extruder, improving overall printer compatibility.
- Excellent flexibility and durability.
- Excellent impact resistance and resistance to wear.
- High elongation at break up to 330%.
- Minimal printing requirements when compared to other flexible filaments.
- Exhibits excellent dimensional stability.
PolyFlex™ TPU95 is a popular material among both hobbyists and professionals interested in 3D printing flexible parts. It's commonly used by hobbyists to 3D print shock absorbent camera and drone parts, the footwear industry to print upper shoes, soles or insoles, professionals to create flexible jigs and fixtures, and is commonly used to print custom gaskets.
|Nozzle Temperature||210°C - 230°C|
|Build Plate Temperature||25˚C - 60˚C|
|Build Surface Material||Works well with most build surfaces i.e Glass BuildTak® etc|
|Build Surface Treatment||None typically required, can apply PVA glue or Magigoo Flex to the build surface|
|Printing Speed||20 mm/s - 40 mm/s|
|Recommended Support Material||Dual Extrusion: PolyDissolve™ S1 (Dissolve in tap water)|
Note: Printing conditions may vary with different printers and nozzle diameters.
Storage & Drying:
Before packaging, PolyFlex™ TPU95 is dried to ensure the best printing quality and filaments are vacuum sealed to protect the filament from moisture. When not in use PolyFlex™ TPU95 should be stored away from sunlight in the packaged resealable bag.
PolyFlex™ TPU95 is a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) based material which makes it hygroscopic. This means that it is susceptible to absorbing moisture from the air which can subsequently effect the quality and mechanical properties of the final prints. We recommend storing PolyFlex™ TPU95 in the PolyBox™ or a dry cabinet during printing to prevent moisture absorption which will lower the quality of the print. The PolyBox™ keeps the filament at dry conditions (relative humidity of 15% or less).
If you hear popping sounds and notice that the surface quality of your print is uneven or the color is not consistent, this is a likely indicator that the filament has absorbed too much moisture. Spools of PolyFlex™ TPU95 can be dried in a preheated convection oven at 65˚C for up to 8 hours. Results may vary depending on the accuracy of your oven so please be conservative.
|Material Type||TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)|
|Density||1.20 - 1.24 (g/cm3 at 21.5˚C)|
All testing specimens were printed under the following conditions: Nozzle Temperature = 225˚C, printing speed = 30 mm/s, build plate temperature = 45˚C, infil = 100%
All specimens were conditioned at room temperature for 24h prior to testing.
|100% modulus (X-Y)||9.4 ± 0.3 MPa||ISO 527, GB/T 1040|
|Tensile strength (X-Y)||29 ± 2.8 MPa||ISO 527, GB/T 1040|
|Elongation at break (X-Y)||330.1 ± 14.9 %||ISO 527, GB/T 1040|
|Shore hardness||95A||ISO 7619 GB/T 31|
We have full safety data sheets and technical data sheets for PolyFlex™ TPU95 and all other Polymaker products.
The typical values presented in Polymakers data sheet are intended for reference and comparison purposes only. Due to the nature of 3D printing they should not be used for design specifications or quality control purposes.
PolyFlex™ TPU95 has been engineered with compatibility in mind to print excellently on a wide range of 3D printers.
Flexible filaments tend to have more specific feeding requirements so it is recommended to make sure your filament guide system is smooth and with minimal bends to reduce drag. Any unnecessary drag can result in under extrusion so we also recommend bypassing features that apply pressure to the filament such as mechanical filament detection switches. With some extruder set ups a larger nozzle (0.5mm or 0.6mm) may be recommended to reduce pressure in the nozzle and improve extrusion consistency.
Of course with thousands of unique 3d printer models on the market, we can't guarantee each filament type will work with every 3D printer.
Q: Can PolyFlex™ TPU95 be printed at large scales without warping?
A: PolyFlex™ TPU95 offers excellent dimensional stability and can certainly be printed at large scales without warping. Please note while we have never experienced warping with PolyFlex™ TPU95; we recommend a consistent room temperature as printing in a cold environment or with poor first layer adhesion can cause any material to warp.
Q: What support materials can I use with this product?
A: Polymaker’s PolyDissolve™ S1 filament is the recommended support filament for PolyFlex™ TPU95. If your 3D printer is not equipped for multi-material, self-support can be used however support removal will be difficult.
Deliveries within Australia
For shipping price please use above estimate shipping for pricing. As shipping cost depends on your location and order size.
Our domestic shipping rates start at:
- $6+ eParcel Standard Post (typically 4+ business days, tracked)
- $8+ eParcel Express Post (typically 1 to 3 business days, tracked)
- $10+ Sendle (typically 5+ business days, tracked) - Filament Orders Only (If you have other item, Australia Post is only option)
All Parcel/Express Post over include signature on delivery, so please ensure you're at home on day of delivery or collect at your local post office.
Item/order under $100 is available for ATL service, use Auspost safe drop option when you received tracking notification from Auspost. We hold no responsibility for missing parcel if you select to use this feature. [Full Shipping Policy]
Please use below as shipping time frame expectations. All order will be shipped by next business day.
AusPost eParcel Express + Signature
AusPost eParcel Standard+ Signature
Deliveries to NZ
All delivery to New Zealand is calculated based on selected service.
Please refer to AUSPOST Website for latest news and postage delivery time estimate to your area. https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-times
- Economy Air: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- International: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- Standard (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 7-14 Business Days to Metro Area
- Express (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 5-10 Business Days to Metro Area
Please note that shipping rates/total order are not inclusive of any local taxes, duties or import fees when the shipment passes through customs in the country of delivery. You may require to pay additional tax or custom duty, we cannot adjust order value.
Review & Questions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.