High quality PLA+ combining high strength, toughness and rigidity.
PolyLite™ is a family of 3D printing filaments made with the best raw materials to deliver exceptional quality and reliability. PolyLite™ PLA Pro is a first of its kind: combining high toughness and high rigidity, this professional PLA+ offers engineering properties with the ease of print of regular PLA.
- Mechanically Enhanced - Polymaker PolyLite PLA Pro is a toughness enhanced PLA+ filament which has even higher impact strength than regular ABS. At the same time, it also features a 1.6 times of rigidity as other toughness enhanced PLA filaments. The excellent combination of toughness and stiffness is a real breakthrough for the 3D printing industry, making it a perfect choice for mechanically demanding applications.
- Compatibility In Mind - PolyLite™ PLA Pro is compatible with a wide range of 3D printers and works well with many common printing surfaces and a 30 - 60°C heated bed.
- Jam-Free™ technology - PolyLite™ PLA Pro is manufactured with Polymakers Jam-Free™ technology which improves the heat stability of the filament with softening temperatures over 140°C and leads to excellent printing quality with zero risk of nozzle jams caused by heat creep .
- Uncompromised Quality - PolyLite™ PLA filament is made with the highest quality ingredients including Ingeo® from Natureworks. Natureworks is a world-leading biopolymers supplier based in the USA with a portfolio of high quality raw PLA materials produced from rapidly renewable plant resources. Combining Polymakers innovative R&D technologies, compounding and extrusion systems with Natureworks Ingeo® resins produces a reliable 3D printing filament to print beautiful and accurate models.
 Heat creep is the the process of heat spreading irregularly throughout the hot end, one common example is with all metal hot end designs. Once heat creeps towards the cold end, the PLA filament softens prematurely in the cold end and expands resulting in a jam. Polymakers Jam-Free™ technology increases the heat resistance of the filament itself (not the printed part) to 140˚C which prevents the filament from prematurely softening in the cold end and can still melt rapidly once entering the heating zone.
PolyLite™ PLA Pro is a professional PLA+ material often chosen by hobbyists, designers and prototypers for technical applications requiring a durable, cost-effective and easy to use PLA+ material. Aside from offering significantly improved impact resistance, PolyLite™ PLA Pro also offers a less glossy surface finish in comparison to PolyLite™ PLA.
It is commonly used to print a wide range of general printing projects including:
- Trinkets, figurines and toys.
- Various print-in-place articulated models.
- Homewares and spare parts.
- Cosplay pieces.
- Prototypes and conceptual design.
- Small electronics housings.
- Fun RC and robotics projects.
- Brackets and manufacturing aids.
- Anatomic and educational models.
It is difficult to broadly compare PolyLite™ PLA Pro to other PLA+ as the enhancement that the "+" offers depends on the brand and product range. In many cases PLA+ reduces the tensile strength and rigidity of the material to improve impact resistance. PolyLite™ PLA Pro was formulated to offer high impact strength while also preserving the high strength (Tensile) and stiffness (Youngs modulus) of Polymakers regular PolyLite™ PLA. It is a good choice for functional applications that aren't subject to high temperatures, but require a material which is both rigid, strong and impact resistant.
For applications which don't require impact resistance and purely require tensile strength and inter-layer adhesion we recommend considering PolyLite™ PLA.
The rigidity of PolyLite™ PLA Pro is quite high so a less rigid and more ductile Polymaker PLA may be ideal for models which require some flexibility, for example snap fit casings. For applications like these we recommend considering PolyMax™ PLA which features excellent impact strength, fracture toughness, ductility and a similar strength and stiffness to ABS.
|Nozzle Temperature||190°C - 220°C|
|Build Plate Temperature||30°C - 60°C|
|Build Surface Material||Works well with most build surfaces i.e Glass, Blue Tape, BuildTak® etc|
|Build Surface Treatment||Can apply Magigoo Original or PVA glue to the build surface to improve adhesion.|
|Printing Speed||30 mm/s - 70 mm/s|
The ideal retraction settings vary from printer to printer, the following settings may help.
Direct Drive: Retraction distance of 1mm with retraction speed of 30mm/s.
|Recommended Support Material||
Based on 0.4 mm nozzle. Printing conditions may vary with different printers and nozzle diameters.
For other tips printing PolyLite™ PLA Pro contact us!
|Density||1.22 (g/cm3 at 21.5˚C)|
Hex Code: #101820
|Technologies||Features Jam-Free™ Technology|
PolyLite™ PLA Pro has been engineered with compatibility in mind to print excellently on a wide range of 3D printers. The Jam-Free™ technology implemented into PolyLite™ PLA Pro can improve compatibility with all metal hot end designs that suffer from heat creep.
Of course with thousands of unique 3d printer models on the market, we can't guarantee each filament type will work with every 3D printer.
All testing specimens were printed under the following conditions: Nozzle Temperature = 205˚C, build plate temperature = 45˚C, infil = 100%, cooling fan = ON
All specimens were conditioned at room temperature for 24h prior to testing.
|Glass Transition||62°C||DSC, 10°C/min|
|Heat Deflection Temperature||
0.45MPa - 59.3°C
|Vicat Softening Temperature||62.7°C||ISO 306, GB/T 1633|
|2681 ± 215 MPa||ISO 527, GB/T 1040|
|35.65 ± 0.93 MPa||ISO 527, GB/T 1040|
|68.08 ± 2.21 MPa||ISO 178, GB/T 9341|
|Charpy Impact Strength
|13.44 ± 1.17 kJ/m2||ISO 179, GB/T 9343|
We have full MDS and technical data sheets for PolyLite™ PLA Pro and all other Polymaker products. Contact us to enquire!
The typical values presented in Polymakers data sheet are intended for reference and comparison purposes only. Due to the nature of 3D printing they should not be used for design specifications or quality control purposes.
STORAGE & DRYING
Before packaging, PolyLite™ PLA Pro is dried to ensure the best printing quality and filaments are vacuum sealed to protect the filament from moisture. When not in use PolyLite™ PLA Pro should be stored away from sunlight in the packaged resealable bag.
Like other PLA filaments, PolyLite™ PLA Pro is susceptible to absorbing moisture from the air which can subsequently effect the quality and mechanical properties of the final prints. We recommend storing PolyLite™ PLA Pro in the PolyBox™ or a dry cabinet during printing to prevent moisture absorption which will lower the quality of the print. The PolyBox™ keeps the filament at dry conditions (relative humidity of 15% or less).
If you hear popping sounds and notice that the surface quality of your print is uneven or the color is not consistent, this is a likely indicator that the filament has absorbed too much moisture. Spools of PolyLite™ PLA Pro can be dried in a preheated convection oven at 55˚C for up to 6 hours. Results may vary depending on the accuracy of your oven so please be conservative. For more information about filament drying please read our user guide.
Deliveries within Australia
For shipping price please use above estimate shipping for pricing. As shipping cost depends on your location and order size.
Our domestic shipping rates start at:
- $6+ eParcel Standard Post (typically 4+ business days, tracked)
- $8+ eParcel Express Post (typically 1 to 3 business days, tracked)
- $8+ Domestic (Aramex/Sendle/Courier Please) (Filament Only) (typically same-2 business day within SE QLD, 5+ business days interstate, tracked)
- Free Standard Shipping (A mixture of Aramex/Sendle/Courier Please/Auspost, the most economical method is used) - If you require a specific service, please select an above stated options.
All Parcel/Express Post over include signature on delivery, so please ensure you're at home on day of delivery or collect at your local post office.
Item/order under $100 is available for ATL service, use Auspost safe drop option when you received tracking notification from Auspost. We hold no responsibility for missing parcel if you select to use this feature. [Full Shipping Policy]
Please use below as shipping time frame expectations. All order will be shipped by next business day.
AusPost eParcel Express + Signature
AusPost eParcel Standard+ Signature
Deliveries to NZ
All delivery to New Zealand is calculated based on selected service.
Please refer to AUSPOST Website for latest news and postage delivery time estimate to your area. https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-times
- Economy Air: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- International: Approx. 25+ Business Days to Metro Area
- Standard (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 7-14 Business Days to Metro Area
- Express (Signature On Delivery & Extra Cover): 5-10 Business Days to Metro Area
Please note that shipping rates/total order are not inclusive of any local taxes, duties or import fees when the shipment passes through customs in the country of delivery. You may require to pay additional tax or custom duty, we cannot adjust order value.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.